No pun intended, but dealing with Revenue Canada’s complicated forms can be taxing enough. Ticking boxes, trying to find the right line to write in your deductibles and remembering what you spent your money on the year prior can be an exercise in frustration. The good news is that your medical cannabis can be claimed as a medical expense when you file your taxes!
Here at Aurora, we want to make tax season as simple as possible. That is why we are providing you with a simple, step-by-step guide on how to claim your medical cannabis when filling out your 2017 tax return. Let’s get started.
Here’s how you can locate and print your receipts:
1) Log into your account by going to https://shop.auroramj.com/#/login.
2) Once logged in, click on the My Profile button at the top of the page.
3) Scroll down to the Order History section.
4) Click on the Shipped Receipt button for each order you placed. The button will automatically load a PDF receipt which can be printed or saved.
5) Repeat that process for each of your orders in 2017.
6) Include the total amount you spent on medical cannabis over the course of the year on your 2017 tax return.
Only cannabis products (such as dried flowers, cannabis oils, and DMD) can be claimed on your taxes. This means you cannot claim vaporizers, capsule fillers, or the capsules themselves.
And that’s it! Now all you have to worry about is getting it in on time.
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact our client care team by calling 1-844-928-7672 Monday through Friday from 6am to 6pm (Pacific). They’d be happy to assist you with any issues you may have.