Aurora is closely monitoring the COVID-19 health crisis and responding to support our employee, patient and consumer communities. Our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our employees during this unprecedented time. Aurora’s facilities remain fully operational and are adhering to several protective measures put in place to care for employees, listed below. We deeply value the efforts of facility staff working at all Aurora sites across Canada and internationally. We commend the federal government and provincial governments in the regions where we operate for designating cannabis production an essential service, enabling continued service to our nearly 100,000 medical patients and customers across Canada.
In an effort to protect our employees and adhere to guidance from international and Canadian public health authorities, Aurora has initiated the following measures:
- Mandated remote working for all employees in office roles
- Introduced pay increase equal to a $2 per hour bonus pay for facility based employees working on site
- Closing all facilities to external visitors
- Aggressively sanitizing facility sites above and beyond Health Canada guidelines
- Closely monitoring facility employee health, including usage of standardized intake forms and committing to support anyone who falls ill
- Staggering breaks at facilities and reconfiguring both common space and work spaces to allow for social distancing
- Guaranteeing facility employees access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance Standard Operating Procedures and enhanced protection for roles required to work in closer proximity. These standards exceed health guidelines.
Recognizing the need for PPE in the health sector, Aurora has already donated an initial supply of N95 masks to Alberta Health Services, in the province where our business first began. We are undertaking a thorough review of our inventory, supply chain and resources to find additional ways to help meet the needs of Canada’s health. We will continue to adjust and strengthen our policies to support COVID-19 response efforts across the country as this evolves.
Every organization must work to work together to fight this pandemic and Aurora is committed to doing our part.